Monday, July 13, 2015

CHELSEA SIGN BEGOVIC

Chelsea have signed Stoke goalkeeper Asmir Begovic on a four-year deal.

The Bosnia and Herzegovina goalkeeper leaves Stoke after five-and-a-half years and will challenge Thibaut Courtois for the keeper's role at Stamford Bridge. 
Goalkeeper Asmir Begovic has had this to say about his departure from the Britannia Stadium, while Chelsea confirm he will take the No 1 shirt, with Thibaut Courtois keeping the No 13.

"I would like to say thank you to everyone at Stoke Football club, the chairman and Coates family, Mark Hughes and Tony Pulis, goalkeeper coach Andy Quy, all my team mates and especially the fans who have made me and my family so welcome.

"I have loved my time at Stoke, but feel I had the opportunity for me to continue to develop and challenge myself as a player.

"I am very proud of what we have achieved during my time at Stoke, and it has been a great team of players to work with. I wish you all the best for the season ahead."
 
Source : Sky Sports

0 comments:

Post a Comment